Other than encoding your audio into the various streaming and download formats we offer, we don’t do anything to your upload -- no EQ, boosting or multi-band companding, and definitely no two-pole Butterworth band-pass/band-reject filtering (so tempting). In quiet passages, some MP3-128s can indeed exhibit a warbly sound (occasionally described as “muddiness,” “low fluttering wavy stuff,” “distortion in the bottom end,” or just “compression artifacts”). Using a compression filter on your source audio can exaggerate this effect, so… don’t do that. We chose MP3-128 for streaming as a compromise. It enables your music to start up quickly over the slowest of networks, yet still sounds great for most tracks. Our various download formats offer fans an even higher quality experience, and the lossless formats are exactly as you uploaded them.
Hallo! Derzeit gehen bei uns besonders viele E-Mails ein, und unsere Bearbeitungszeiten sind langsamer als sonst. Wir haben in der Zwischenzeit eine Liste mit häufigen Fragen zusammengestellt, die dir weiterhelfen können. Danke für deine Geduld.
Artists & Labels
Beiträge in diesem Abschnitt
- Why does my music sound quieter on Bandcamp?
- Is there a required LUFS setting for my audio files?
- What format/quality are the streams on Bandcamp?
- I lost my original audio files! Can I download them from my Bandcamp account?
- I hear a warbling sound when I stream. Is it your fault?
- Does Bandcamp support 30-second snippets?
- I heard you can steal music on Bandcamp. What are you doing about this?
- Does Bandcamp add metadata to the downloadable tracks?
- Does Bandcamp support gapless albums?
- What are streaming limits on Bandcamp?