Discover is where fans can explore Bandcamp’s massive catalog of music and merch sold by artists and labels across the musical universe. Fans and visitors can discover and shop for:
- Digital albums
- Other merch
Requirements to show up in Discover
Your music and merch needs to fulfill a few requirements in order to appear in Bandcamp’s music discovery features, like Discover.
For digital albums, make sure the album:
- Has a featured track
- Is not a free download
- Is public
- Is not subscription-only
- If it’s a preorder, is a public preorder
- Has artwork uploaded
* Please note that standalone tracks won’t be listed on the Discover page.
For merch, ensure your item is:
- Not subscription-only
- Not sold out
Optimizing for Discover
- Choose a featured track you want potential new fans to hear first when your releases appear on the /discover page.
- Select a genre on your profile, and tag all of your releases. That way you’re more likely to show up in the search results of your future fans.
- List all of your merch on Bandcamp, so you can reach our community of millions of music fans who want to support artists and labels directly.
- Add enticing photos of your merch – items with great images tend to sell best.
Here are a few things you can do to make sure your physical merch has the best chance of being discovered by a fan.
How a release with multiple merch options appears in Discover.
Avoid Replicating Album Artwork:
Your merch images should be distinct from your album artwork. Creating a fresh and distinctive look for your merch will help fans distinguish your merch items from your digital releases as well as other merch items.
Clear, well-lit, and high-resolution images will make sure your fans know what they can expect. Avoid grainy or blurry images.
Showcase the Merch:
Ensure that your merch images effectively display the product. Whether it's a t-shirt, vinyl, or other items, your fans should get a clear idea of what they're purchasing.
Size and Resolution:
Bandcamp recommends a minimum image size of 1200 x 900 pixels minimum (bigger is better)
.jpg, .png, or .gif, 10MB max for merch images. This ensures that your images look crisp and sharp on all devices. A well-sized image also allows users to zoom in for a closer look, helping them make informed purchase decisions.
Catch the Eye with Thumbnails:
Remember that your merch images may appear as thumbnails when fans filter by category. Make sure your images are attention-grabbing even at a smaller size. Bright colors, compelling designs, and clear focal points can help your merch stand out.