|As of 2023, Bandcamp is required under EU law to collect and report seller information and eligible transactions to EU tax authorities annually. This regulation is known as DAC7.
What is DAC7?
DAC7, otherwise known as the Directive on Administrative Cooperation 7, is an amendment to the European Union’s existing Directive on Administrative Cooperation.
Under DAC7, Bandcamp will be required to collect and report information to EU tax authorities for sellers who meet reporting requirements. These requirements are:
- 30 or more sales in a calendar year, and
- €2,000 in sales after taxes and fees in a calendar year
If you meet these criteria, our secure third party vendors will need to collect and verify your:
- Tax identification number (TIN)
- Physical address
- Date of birth (for individuals only)
- Business registration number (for entities only)
- Bank account information
Bandcamp is then legally required to report the above information along with the below sales information:
- Total earnings paid to you in the past year
- Any fees, commissions or taxes withheld
Where do I add my seller and bank account information?
To add your tax information, you will need to complete the form hosted by our secure third-party tax service. We will email you a link to this form if your account has met the stated requirements under DAC7 or US tax law. It is a short process (usually 10 minutes or less) that must be completed by the legal owner of the account. Please do not email your tax information to us.