We recommend separate accounts for each artist under a label because then the artist can have their own distinct visual design, their own image and bio, and their own URL, which is critical for search engine optimization (search is still the #1 source of sales, ahead of social media). If you create a new account on behalf of an artist, you can always give them access to that account later – just roll over their image in your artist grid, and select “give access.”
Bandcamp Support is experiencing an unusually high volume of emails from our wonderfully successful fundraisers this summer, so our responses may take an extra few days. We put together a list of common questions to help you help yourself in the meantime - power!
Bandcamp Help Center
Artists & Labels
Bandcamp for Labels
Articles in this section
- How do I set up a label account on Bandcamp?
- I already have a direct-to-fan store for my label, why bother setting up on Bandcamp?
- Why create individual artist accounts for each artist under my label?
- I’ve just signed a new artist, how do I add them to my label account?
- Is there a type of label that should not get a label account?