The max upload size for videos is 500MB, which works out to about 15 minutes at HD-quality. You’ll minimize your upload time and still get full HD by uploading MP4/H264 with a bitrate of roughly 5000 kb/s at 1920x1080 pixels (if you upload in a higher quality, your video will be converted and scaled down while we prepare it for playback on the web). If you do not have an editor available to re-output your video at this quality, a number of free tools are available, such as MPEG Streamclip, Handbrake or Miro Web Converter. Example of Handbrake settings
Bandcamp Support is experiencing an unusually high volume of emails from our wonderfully successful Friday COVID-19 fundraiser for artists and our responses may take an extra few days. We put together a list of common questions to help you help yourself in the meantime - power!
Bandcamp Help Center
Artists & Labels
Articles in this section
- What’s an artist subscription? Why should I make one? What can they do? Can I see some examples?
- Should I choose monthly, or annual billing?
- When are subscribers charged, and when do I get paid?
- How much are transaction fees for artist subscriptions?
- What happens to existing subscribers if I change the price or term of my subscription?
- What video file types do you accept?
- What is the maximum video upload size?
- How does a subscriber cancel, and what happens when they do?