Yes, a thousand times yes! Google searches are the single largest source of sales on Bandcamp (surpassing even Facebook), and your fans aren’t just searching for the name of your band, or your latest track — they’re frequently searching for that one lyric snippet they remember. If you haven’t added lyrics on Bandcamp, those fans are likely ending up on lyriczzzbay.com instead, who’s showing them ads for Applebee’s. Why should some other site get first crack at engaging, and ultimately, profiting from, your fans? Don’t let that happen. Add lyrics. Also nifty: when you add lyrics to a track on Bandcamp, we embed those lyrics in the download. This means that on the iPhone, for example, fans can tap their screen to view your lyrics overlaid right atop the cover art.
- How do I edit or delete a track?
- How do I change the order of an album’s tracks?
- How do I change the featured track on my album?
- Can I disable downloading of my music?
- My songs have lyrics. Should I bother adding them?
- If I set a release date to some time in the future, will my music be hidden until then?
- What file types can I include as bonus items in an album download?
- How do I set up a compilation album?
- How do I change the license on my music?