No, your release date does not affect visibility. When you first create an album it is hidden from the public as a Draft, and will remain so until you are ready to release it (by clicking “Publish” in the album editor). If at any time you’d like to hide your album from public view after it has been released, select the “Private” option, then click “Update.”
Album & track editing
- How do I edit or delete a track?
- How do I change the order of an album’s tracks?
- How do I change the featured track on my album?
- How do I move a track or album from one account to another?
- How do I move loose tracks into an album?
- How do I move a track from one album to another?
- Can I disable downloading of my music?
- My songs have lyrics. Should I bother adding them?
- If I set a release date to some time in the future, will my music be hidden until then?
- What are bonus download items and how do I use them?